Thursday, January 12, 2017

Updates: Math Test, Book It Goal, Book Orders, Yearbook Orders, Music Performance

I figured I would post a quick blog update with a few important pieces of information!

Math Test

I had our test over 2-digit additions scheduled for tomorrow, but with the impending weather and myself feeling we need a bit more practice, we will instead test next week. I do not want to test the first day back after a 4-day weekend, so chances are the test will be Wednesday! I have tentatively written this down. If you need an outline of the strategies we are using in our room, please let me know! I would be more than willing to send pictures or scan in the document I made at the beginning of the unit. Thanks!

Book It Goal

I have set our January Book it Goal at 180. That means your child should have at least 60 minutes of reading time recorded each week, or 20 minutes/3 nights. Remember, the school goal is to read 20 minutes each night. Please remember to send in reading logs on Friday morning! I will record the times then, but if they are not turned in, I have no way of knowing how long your child has read. When they meet 180, I will send home the pizza pass. My apologies for being 1 night late this week!

Book Orders

January book orders went home last week! Order online or send in the order form by January 27th. If you have any questions, let me know!

Yearbook Orders

Yearbook orders went home yesterday, 1/11, and are due back February 10th. They are $8.25, and money is turned in to me! I will take it anytime you choose to send it in.

Music Performance

We have a 2nd grade music performance in February! Permission slips went home for speaking parts. Please return those ASAP. Keep an eye out for more information!

If you have any questions, contact me at klister@cpsk12.org or on Remind!

No comments:

Post a Comment