Sunday, January 8, 2017

This week in 2nd grade...

It's our first full week back from winter break, and I am so excited to get started!

Reading

This week in reading we will be focusing on making connections. We have talked about connecting to text a few times this year, so I see this week being a review. Our focus was on making connections with ourselves to the books we are reading, but this week we will extend to making connections between texts, and making connections to the world around us (current events, etc).  I will also be administering the STAR test, DRA (to select students), and AIMS this week. If you have any questions about these assessments, let me know!

Math

This will be our final week on 2-digit addition. I am very confident that every student has at least one, if not more, strategies to solve problems! This will make solving 3-digit addition problems that much easier. Next, we will move on to two digit subtraction! As they say, practice makes perfect, so practicing at home with your student helps to refine their skills. I have a copy of all the addition strategies we learned; if you would like a digital or printed copy, let me know!

Writing

We are starting a new writing project this week. It is surprise though, so more to come soon :)

If you need to reach me, contact me by email at klister@cpsk12.org, or on Remind!

No comments:

Post a Comment