Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Math Test, Spelling Bee, and Friday Folders

Hi everyone! Just a couple exciting events coming up this week!

Math Test

We will be taking our math test tomorrow. I sent home a review this evening that covers all the strategies we learned. Please note: Break apart and hundreds chart will be specifically asked about on the test. There is one problem for each. Beyond that, the rest of the problems will just ask students to solve, so as long as they have ONE strategy to use, they should be set. Please don't stress! We will review quickly in class tomorrow and my posters will stay up for reference during the test!

Spelling Bee

On FRIDAY we will be doing our spelling bee as a 2nd grade. A packet of words went home this evening in their Friday Folders. Feel free to practice at home as you feel necessary. We will use the traditional spelling bee style on Friday in our classroom. The parents of the top 2 spellers will be invited to our Citizen of the Month assembly!

Friday Folder

As a last note, I sent Friday Folders home this evening. I understand 1 day can be a quick turn around, and I apologize, but please send back the folders and checklists at your earliest convenience. Also, please return reading logs so I can log time spent reading for Book It! I got quite a few back today :)

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment